Breaking Up Is Hard to Do

15 Jun

This isn’t easy to say. Maybe the internet isn’t the place for it.

But I don’t think this relationship is going to last.

I know, I’m as shocked as you are. We’ve been together for a long time, our families are friends. And when we first met, you were a faithful friend, there anytime I needed to pick up the phone. Night or day, didn’t matter. You were there.

So, when you said you wanted to take our relationship to the next level, it made sense to me. I was bruised from a string of bad relationships. The guy who took me for granted and treated other people way better than me. The one who just cut out at the first sign of a storm.

You seemed like the perfect solution. You offered me more attention. Promised not to leave when the storms rolled in. And let’s face it, you were better looking.

But lately, it’s like I don’t even know you anymore. You’re not always there when I need you. You disappear at the worst possible times, leaving me all dressed up and nowhere to go, wondering what I’ve done wrong.

When I confront you, you always apologize. You say the right things, you promise to make it right. But then you show up late, or hours ahead of schedule, always wanting me to adjust for you. Things get better for awhile. But then, you’re back in the same old pattern.

It’s hard to imagine this coming to an end after so much time together. We’ve seen so many changes.

And then there’s the baby. Perfect and so full of innocence and promise…

You Know We're Just Staying Together for Her Sake

You’d probably end up with custody, but you’re not always there for her, either. She tries to talk to you, and it’s like you’re just not there. You drop her mid-sentence, for heaven’s sake. How much of that do you think she can take? Sure, she thinks you’re great now, but she’s going to rebel eventually.

I want this to work out, I really do.

But AT&T, you need to get your crap together.

Love Always,

Me

10 Responses to “Breaking Up Is Hard to Do”

1. Sherry Carr-Smith June 15, 2010 at 9:47 am #

I know it can seem right, but you should never stay together for the sake of the kids. I hope you can resolve this quickly and painlessly.

• Elle June 15, 2010 at 9:53 am #

One word for you: Verizon. They’ll have the iphone soon enough. Until then, you could try the Android or Crackberry!

2. Jean June 15, 2010 at 9:53 am #

I know exactly what you’re saying. I’ve been with ATT for decades. I use them for home phone, DSL, and cell phone. I have the (cellular dongle) Internet Connect (which, despite what their advertising used to say, the Internet CAN hide from — all the time). I’d like to replace the cellular dongle with a MiFi Mobile HotSpot device, but ATT isn’t even considering offering it. Ask any ATT person, and they are baffled by the request.

Come September when my contract is up, ATT is losing my mobile internet business to Verizon. For now, the cell phone, home phone, and DSL will stay with them (but the Earthlink account will also go away — cutting at least some expense), but the MiFi Mobile HotSpot may be the crack in the wall…

3. mcwhittle June 15, 2010 at 9:58 am #

… so very sad…and it’s the children that suffer…sometimes it’s just so hard to move on..Makes you want to shout from the highest tower ( if there are any in your area)…”I Just Want To Be Heard”

4. Debi P June 15, 2010 at 10:04 am #

Oh, just jail break the darn thing and be done with it.

5. corrin June 15, 2010 at 10:45 am #

Heartbreaking!

But may I recommend Sprint. We’ve been with them for 5 years and have never had a problem. I pink puffy heart my Blackberry Bold and my husband never sets his EVO down – he thinks it’s the iPhone x10.

6. Bridget June 15, 2010 at 7:50 pm #

I’m with Elle. Verizon rocks. And the Droid’s pretty cool, too! 🙂

7. sharpsparks June 15, 2010 at 11:45 pm #

I am definitely not looking forward to the drop call rate in SA when I return. I’ve never had a problem with it before, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed it doesn’t happen… at least not at a horrendous rate.

Nice post.

8. Ashley June 17, 2010 at 11:18 pm #

Oh I have a LONG rant about AT&T from just a day or two ago. So fed up. Can’t wait until my contract is up… hoping Verizon will have the iPhone by then!

9. ingrid June 29, 2010 at 12:30 pm #