Five little things I love today:
- The widget on my Macbook’s dashboard that shows me the National Geographic picture of the day, and lets me click to save it as my wallpaper.
- My yellow sage celebrating the spring rain.
- The Hipstamatic camera application for my iPhone that puts a neat vintage spin on camera phone pictures.
- My daughter proudly carrying in a big tri-fold project on Rachel Carson, who she chose as her research subject on important Americans because “Mom, everyone already knows about Oprah.” You hear that, Kitty Kelley? EVERYONE ALREADY KNOWS ABOUT OPRAH.
- Beds magically made by children who did not need to be asked.
Three things that DO NOT PLEASE ME.
- The fact that at least two of the four horsemen of the Apocalypse apparently spent the night in the children’s bathroom. Because seriously, HOW ELSE COULD IT LOOK LIKE THAT?
- The dog that spent the night systematically eating all the decorations off my daughter’s sandals.
- 18 dyed Easter Eggs that everyone said they wanted to eat… still sitting the the refrigerator.
But on balance? Happy Friday.