Three Things That Will Not End Well

16 Mar

First, from our trip to the Natural Bridges Wildlife Ranch yesterday.

1. Teasing a bird big enough to peck off your head.

UNRELATED:

In this picture, my daughter is screaming “Tina, come eat your ham, you fat lard!”

“Tina” was not amused.

———————

Back to THINGS THAT WILL NOT END WELL.

2. Posing without your pants on with Dora the Explorer and Barney the Dinosaur.

I am not even going to comment on how Barney is posed. Really, Reille? This is “rehabbing your image?” Pants on the ground, pants on the ground. Looking like a fool with your pants on the ground.

3. Letting Drunk Interns Pick the Clip Art for Your Press Releases.

Florida Family Policy Council sent out a news release last week protesting a judge’s decision to approve a lesbian couple’s adoption. Which merits no mention because it’s what they do. But they included a picture of the couple in question.

Only it wasn’t the couple in question. The image used on the Florida Family Policy Council Council story is on the left. The real couple is on the right.

You can read the rest of the story here:http://www.boingboing.net/2010/03/16/florida-family-polic.html

Here’s what I want to say about that. I love Jesus a whole bunch. I am sure the people at Florida Family Policy Council would say they do, too. So, let me tell you something IN LOVE.

Jesus doesn’t need this kind of ridiculous hate-fueling, truth-twisting crap to accomplish his work. He can change lives and hearts and minds without you resorting to this kind of poisonous distortion. If you really think God is sovereign, why fall back on desperate scare tactics?

OK, that’s all.

7 Responses to “Three Things That Will Not End Well”

1. Derrich March 16, 2010 at 4:26 pm #

The ostrich photo makes me nervous. You see the look on that thing’s face?

2. davemc321 March 16, 2010 at 5:03 pm #

Hallelujah & Amen.

Nicely said. While some folks can spout chapter & verse on who we should turn away, they always seem to forget Jesus’ admonition that God and only God gets too judge who is worthy.

3. lifemultiplied March 16, 2010 at 10:44 pm #

Like davemc321 said, hallelujah and amen! That #3 stuff is crazy scary. Thanks for saying it like it is.

4. Elissa March 16, 2010 at 11:49 pm #

I cry “foul.” That is akin to people who circulate those ridiculous far-fetched emails bashing certain political figures. Really???? Circulating that stuff just makes you look ignorant, and weakens any legitimate point you might make.

And Reille is a skank and that isn’t going to change.

Ostriches are mean.

5. Ed Harvey March 17, 2010 at 12:16 am #

I have to agree. The truth should be sufficient. And let’s see,.. in and out of “the system” and on drugs or worse due to feeling unloved and unwanted,.. or adopted by a gay/lesbian couple who’s ONLY agenda is to provide a safe caring home,…? WWJD? But that’s another subject. You’re a wise woman LetterGirl!

6. Aunt Becky March 17, 2010 at 10:50 am #

Yeah, dunno how she thought those pictures were a good idea. REALLY now.

7. Bridget March 17, 2010 at 1:05 pm #

I was once chased by an ostrich. Those suckers are fast! Luckily I was close enough to the fence that all *did* end well.

I’m still baffled and embarrassed by that last picture. Who thought that was a good idea? In a time when I’m constantly trying to defend Christianity, things like this keep happening. Ugh.