Peas on Earth, Goodwill Towards Men

8 Dec

One, two, three, four….

If you carrot all, you will play along and leave a comment.

I declare a pun war.

Now, I love me some Veggie Tales.  I know their Nativity Set is part of a video where the vegetables put on a Christmas Play and it’s good, quirky fun. But you know, that is some RICH pun material.

So lettuce begin. Gourd your loins and leave your best veggie-related Christmas pun. I have faith in you. I know you’ll produce some awesome comments. Go on.

Of course there will be a poll. And a prize. You can either have the Veggie Tales Christmas CD *or* I will sing the Veggie Tales theme song for you. Winner picks.

Get punning.

25 Responses to “Peas on Earth, Goodwill Towards Men”

1. David McLemore December 8, 2009 at 9:38 am #

I know where you’re cumin from and I know where you’ve bean. But to get into the spirit of the season, visualize whirled peas.

(OK, I realize cumin is a stretch but I’ve only had two cups of coffee this morning & I was desperate.)

2. Lee Dunkelberg December 8, 2009 at 9:42 am #

Soviet commisar arguing with wife over precipitation:
    “Rudolph the Red knows rain, DEAR!”

3. Icy Blue December 8, 2009 at 9:49 am #

I so want to do this, but i’m searching for my purse and yep, it’s lost. Oh well, it’ll turnip. #imangledparsnip

4. Nora Frost December 8, 2009 at 10:35 am #

How corny!… I’m all ears!

5. Sean December 8, 2009 at 10:48 am #

I would relish either prize. How pumpkin one be? I’m almost as excited as when I got engaged, though my bride-to-be said, “We cantaloupe.” But that’s not the point I wanted tomato ver here.
    It is the holidates. A fruitful time of year. “O come, lettuce acorn him!”
    It’s salad really. The commercialization of the seasoning. People spend their whole celery buying gifts. They end up in a financial pickle.
    I’m flaming out like a spud missile. It’s getting too corny. Is it rutabaga person for forgiveness? I need to split from you chive turkeys.

6. lettergirl December 8, 2009 at 11:01 am #

Sean doesn’t leave mushroom for the competition, but I think someone can squash his hopes.

7. bernicekearney December 8, 2009 at 11:01 am #

Oh, sure. Sean took all the good ones.
    He’s punny.
    Alas, all my efforts after that would be fruitless.

8. ingrid December 8, 2009 at 11:30 am #

Oh, geez I’m a lame duck and have no creative juices. Plus Sean has this one hams down. See dopey, er corny. 🙂

9. sitco98 December 8, 2009 at 11:38 am #

I like traditional hymns at Christmas.. even none Christmas like:

There’s a thong in the air
    and a bare derriere.

10. Sean December 8, 2009 at 11:43 am #

I wasn’t trying to chop broccoli eve anyone without any puns. But I don’t re cauliflower relationships meant I should have bean less selfish. It’s all watercress under the bridge.

11. Donna Tuttle December 8, 2009 at 11:47 am #

I yam trying, really.

It’s just so difficult with all the violence mushrooming around the world. So I am wishing Peas and Hominy for everyone.

I’m getting all artichoked up, now.

12. sitco98 December 8, 2009 at 11:51 am #

I was going to be punny but the aluminum foiled my pans.

13. sitco98 December 8, 2009 at 11:52 am #

A perfectly spherical pumpkin makes good pi.

14. David McLemore December 8, 2009 at 11:54 am #

No fair. Sean gets to use talent and stuff.

Wait…Dawn singing ‘Veggie Tales’ is the PRIZE? Oh. All hail the victor, Sean.

15. Derrich December 8, 2009 at 11:58 am #

It’s the most punderful time of the year.

*hangs head in shame*back to the drawing board*

16. sitco98 December 8, 2009 at 11:58 am #

peas lettuce alone..

17. sitco98 December 8, 2009 at 12:03 pm #

Leave my provologne

18. Deb Wilson December 8, 2009 at 12:46 pm #

Oh Pumpkin, peas do not lettuce get in the way of your eggplant a tree in the memory of it all. Its a grape idea!

19. sitco98 December 8, 2009 at 1:43 pm #

He’s making a list of chicken and rice.

20. audenskitchen December 8, 2009 at 3:21 pm #

I’m having to eat some humble pie because you all are as smart as cookies. But maybe I’ll win some brownie points with this one. Oh, who am I kidding? I’m toast.

21. Colleen December 8, 2009 at 9:43 pm #

What in the ground chuck are ya’ll beefing about? Hummus are trying to work here.

22. Kathie December 8, 2009 at 10:33 pm #

I don’t carrot olive if I’m punny enough tomato in this contest.

Oh kale, I’ll come onion and give it a try… I’ve bean pumpkin myself up… Shirataki a shot at it. I’ll go ahead endive in. It is a grape idea anise can’t be too chard. Of cress, I yam shy soy you butternut squash me. Peas be nice and don’t pepper me with with chili insults or poke fun at me. My artichoke all up and my eyes will leek.

Soy, avacado go to bed. I’m beet and I butter bean going. I’ll asparagus any more corny jokes, but I will miso you. Lima outta here and that’s my fennel word.

23. Beth December 17, 2009 at 6:04 pm #

I can’t even attempt this, after reading Sean’s posts. I’m not worthy, I’m not worthy, I’m not worthy….But thanks for the giggles! Happy holidays.

24. erica December 31, 2009 at 7:54 pm #

I don’t want to be the sauce of your pain, because I’m really bad at puns.

Anyway, I’m not sure if you carrot all, but I have a blog award for you because I think you definitely deserve it!

Hope you had a Merry Christmas, and hope you have a Happy New Year! I hope I get the pleasure to meet with you again in 2010! Thanks again for the #wildside gift! 🙂

Cheers!

25. ingrid January 1, 2010 at 6:02 pm #

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and a most Happy New year!