My Inner Rock Star Goes for Ballads

27 Sep

As you may have noticed, the “post every day in September” goal got derailed. So I’m playing catch up with  four quick posts in a row. Hate this question? Scroll on down. Surely one of the four will suit you.

If I could do anything, I would play guitar like this. And sing this in places other than the car and the kitchen when no one else is home.

But I neither play guitar  at all, nor do I sing Leonard Cohen in public.

How about you? What do you secretly wish you could do that you can’t quite get up the nerve for?

7 Responses to “My Inner Rock Star Goes for Ballads”

1. queenofhaddock September 28, 2009 at 5:38 am #

I’d really like to be a runner. In theory. I love the idea of the wind blowing my hair. The rhythmic thud of my feet pounding out the miles.

But in actuality, my short little legs aren’t made for running. They don’t make a bra with enough support to hold in my girls. And I like breathing too much. And when I run, I can’t breathe. And that’s just not cool.

2. RuthWells September 28, 2009 at 9:04 am #

Sing. I wanted to be a singer when I was a teenager. But my mother told me that I wasn’t talented enough, so I never pursued it with lessons.

I’m in my early 40’s now, and still wish I had the time/money/guts to really train my voice properly.

3. Sean September 28, 2009 at 10:02 am #

Write.

4. Beth September 28, 2009 at 2:34 pm #

Broadway. Yep. Broadway.

5. That One Mom September 28, 2009 at 3:32 pm #

Okay, A). I heart Jeff Buckley and was devastated when he died.
    2). There are so many things I’d love to try, but between fear and Single Mom Syndrome (meaning funds are ALWAYS tight), I don’t.

6. Kami Lewis Levin September 29, 2009 at 10:00 am #

I want to be a Punk Rock Girl!

7. shelleybakes September 30, 2009 at 8:26 pm #

I got busted the other day playing air drums in a furniture store. But it was worth it because the salesman that was helping my husband and I had the most wonderful unaffected laugh – like I had truly made his day or something.

And for the record? It was “More than a Feeling.” I think I rock.