5 Random Fashion Observations

20 Aug

Because, tonight, Project Runway is back. Viva Tim Gunn.

1. Some mornings, I miss my wardrobe staple of Chico’s stretchy black Traveler’s pants. Then I remember that the same size fits me even if I gain 40 pounds, and I resist any urge to go buy another pair.

2. People who have enough time and emotional energy to be outraged by the first lady wearing shorts on a visit to the Grand Canyon need to get a life. Seriously. I read some of the hyperventilating, pearl-clutching critiques before I saw the pictures and expected to see her booty hanging out the back and a too-short tank top revealing a belly-button piercing.

3.  Baby Phat, I really do not think you need to make your acid-washed denim miniskirt available “now in sizes up to 24.” I do not say this with a sneer of a size 2.  I myself am rather amply blessed in the figure department. But my sisters, dress the body you have, not the one you wish you had.

4. Seriously, what is up with these boots? Zappos offers them up as a hot new look. For who? Tundra gladiators who need the formality of a high heel?

ugly

5. However, after a summer with more than FIFTY freaking days over 100 degrees? If it meant I could wake up with it being 70 degrees tomorrow? I would wear the boots with the Baby Phat skirt and parade around the River Walk. Seriously.

11 Responses to “5 Random Fashion Observations”

1. Jennifer with A Regal Affair August 20, 2009 at 9:41 am #

Holla! that was an excellent post, especially #5. I will join you on that Riverwalk walk of fashion shame if we can get a 70 degree day within the next 30 days.

2. shaye3 August 20, 2009 at 9:41 am #

How hard am I praying for a 70 degree day for you tomorrow? 😉

3. RJ Flamingo August 20, 2009 at 9:53 am #

Amen, sistah! Preaching to the choir (see previous Crimes Against Fashion posts!)!!! I will be blogging PR this season, again and I am so excited for it to start up again, certain bodily functions are in danger of losing control! I know – TMI… ;-))

4. Molli August 20, 2009 at 10:03 am #

Love this post!

Oh and “dress the body you have, not the one you wish you had” – words to live by!

5. Elle August 20, 2009 at 10:26 am #

Love it! What the heck is up with those boots?

I can’t wait to see Tim Gunn again. It’s been too long.

6. Liz August 20, 2009 at 1:10 pm #

This is so funny 🙂

7. ingrid August 20, 2009 at 2:17 pm #

LOL, oh, geez! I just took the Twins to pick up their school schedules and you should have seen the “outfits” some of those kids were wearing! Or the lack of clothing on some of the girls! Sad but true some of them were with their MOTHERS and had their butts hanging out and too tight shirts! I did notice that the moms of many of those girls were either hoochie mamas, wheren’t there, or um,of a bigger size. Living vicariously through their daughters, maybe? I don’t know but it was middle school!

8. Icy Blue August 20, 2009 at 10:29 pm #

Once again, you give me words. I thought I had something going with rubenesque, but I will now be referring to myself as amply blessed in the figure department. That is just flat out cheery!
    My second comment is to do with people taking issue with the First Lady wearing shorts. If you care deeply about clothing, then buy coats for people who need them in the winter. If you care about modesty, then carry yourself with humility and be an example to your children. But whatever you do, do not, under any circumstances wear or contemplate wearing the highly inappropriate item of clothing that is called-whisper- the short! Gasp.

9. Rteplitsky August 25, 2009 at 10:37 am #

Love Tim. Favorite quote: “That dress kinda looks like a halter diaper”. But did he have to do a Tide commercial????

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Twitted by 13cathleen - August 20, 2009

[…] This post was Twitted by 13cathleen […]

2. Twitter Trackbacks for 5 Random Fashion Observations « Not Going Postal [notgoingpostal.com] on Topsy.com - August 20, 2009

[…] 5 Random Fashion Observations « Not Going Postal notgoingpostal.com/2009/08/20/5-random-fashion-observations – view page – cached #RSS Feed Not Going Postal » 5 Random Fashion Observations Comments Feed Not Going Postal Save a stamp, write a blog Five-O — From the page […]