Five Things I Learned This Weekend

3 Aug
  1. I should never embark on a painting project on a weekend I have PMS.
  2. A child offering to “help” is really a domestic terrorist planning on unleashing the twin hounds of havoc and chaos.
  3. If you back into a freshly painted apple-green wall, you will have two apple-shaped prints on the butt of your jeans.
  4. Acetone will take that right out. If “right out” means after half an hour of dabbing and inhaling fumes that make you forget your own name.
  5. A startled corgi told to “get out of here” will choose the exit route that involves leaping with unbridled enthusiam into the paint tray.

11 Responses to “Five Things I Learned This Weekend”

1. RJ Flamingo August 3, 2009 at 7:37 pm #

I can confirm that (1) under the same set of circumstances, a cat will take the same route as a corgi; and (2) the cat will take the resulting bath considerably less well. I love apple green. 🙂

2. lettergirl August 3, 2009 at 7:39 pm #

Ooh, I need to post some pictures. The girl’s room is the most beautiful apple green with all black and white for the furniture and curtains. So cute I want to move in. The boy’s is Navajo sand. Which looks great, and is ALSO the color of handprints that were on the wall.

3. Bren August 3, 2009 at 8:12 pm #

awww. I still think you’re awesome.

4. charlotteanne August 3, 2009 at 8:12 pm #

ahhhh. you are such a magnificent storyteller!

5. Icy Blue August 3, 2009 at 9:31 pm #

You know-of the alternatives I think you were wise to BACK into the wall. Had you been frontwards, those two green apples might have made havoc and chaos look like the well-mannered twins. As per usual, you put a huge smile on my face. AND the room sounds adorable!

6. Ed Harvey August 3, 2009 at 10:58 pm #

L M A O!!!!

7. ingrid August 4, 2009 at 9:28 am #

Sounds like you had a “fun” weekend! 🙂 Hope your “fun” is all done.

8. Cathy - wheresmydamnanswer August 5, 2009 at 10:30 am #

Ha Ha – Thanks for the laugh this am – needed it 🙂

9. Kami Lewis Levin August 6, 2009 at 10:46 am #

I am of the opinion that embarking on any project with PMS is a bad idea. Though I never remember that until I’m halfway through the project and really pissed off and have to deal with my husband saying things like, “What is your problem? Do you have your period or something?”

10. amber August 6, 2009 at 6:28 pm #

Was the painting while PMSing bug going around? We did the same thing – with many of the same results. But in place of the butt on wall, I put my foot in the paint tray. The cat rubbed against the wall…and is still black with yellow tips.

Anyway, I’m glad you survived!

11. natalietejeda August 7, 2009 at 2:11 pm #

hahahaha that is the funniest thing i read today