20 Years

29 Apr

4-29-2009-113432-am1

His ring in that picture? Lost mowing the lawn.

The diamond in mine? Flew off the mounting while I was putting gas in the car and never found.

Nonetheless, we’re still holding hands.

7 Responses to “20 Years”

1. MrsMessiness April 29, 2009 at 12:56 pm #

This really is the sweetest thing. Congratulations – I love love love anniversaries. You rock.*

*You totally make me all sappy and weepy so I’m going to go listen to REO Speedwagon and draw hearts around my husbands name.

2. dawn April 29, 2009 at 2:41 pm #

awww.
    happy anniversary, wish I could remember when mine was…kidding!! LOL
    I have a 5 diamond stone eternity band that is about 3 carats. Needless to say it’s my most cherished item. We are not rich by any means, but I love my ring, my ring is priceless to me. With that said I have to tell you a story on the day I lost it, but then it was found again. I was staying at a b&b that had one of those small stand up showers. And in the shower stall was a small thin lipped ledge that went around the top of the shower, just above the showerhead. I was full of salt & sand and decided to take my ring off to get a good scrub in. So I placed the ring on that top ledge. Well when I was done showering I went to go reach for it and pushed it just a tiny bit and it fell behind the shower stall! It fell all the way down the back of the shower stall to the floor. There was no getting that ring unless you drill right through the shower stall. So there lies my ring in between the wall and shower stall. I ran to the owners of the b&b and told them what happened. The wife didn’t know what to do, but would talk to her hubby when he came home from fishing. I had to go meet a few people for dinner and was so upset over leaving my ring. To make a long story short here, when I came back to the hotel room as soon as I opened the door there was my ring hanging from a pink ribbon that was attached to the ceiling. I started crying immediately, the owners obviously heard me crying and came over. The hubby, being the smart man he is, was able to use a magnetic thingee to pinpoint where the diamond ring was, thus being able to drill a small hole in the wall and retrieve it.
    I was over the moon happy with him. They were just as happy too. Every year, still, I send them a long thank you card–every year till I die.
    I never take my ring off near anything with holes, ledges or drains–flat surfaces all the way now.

3. RJ Flamingo April 29, 2009 at 4:52 pm #

If it makes you feel any better, my hubs lost his on our honeymoon in Australia. They have big holes in their shower drains, over there. We got a replacement ring when we got home, but he refuses to wear it on his finger, putting it on a chain he wears around his neck when we go out. I outgrew mine (and the diamond engagement ring). I take it out every once in a while and wonder how my fingers were ever that small. 🙂

Congratulations on joining those of us in the double-decade brigade!

4. ingrid April 29, 2009 at 8:42 pm #

Remind me never to give you guys anything valuable. 🙂

Seriously, Happy Anniversary and best wishes for another fabulous 20 years!

5. Claire April 29, 2009 at 11:05 pm #

Congratulations sweet friend!

20 years is so inspiring. MUAC.

6. RuthWells April 30, 2009 at 11:37 am #

Aww, happy anniversary! (My original, custom-made wedding/engagement ring set is in a landfill somewhere. Sob.)

7. Elle April 30, 2009 at 2:46 pm #

Happy Anniversary, sweet friend!