Housekeeping Tips for Terrier Owners

23 Apr

A Tutorial in Pictures

barbie head

Barbies cannot be left on the floor.

Dead Penguin

Stuffed animals cannot be left on the floor.

Dead Shoes

Shiny silver sandals cannot be left on the floor.

Chewed Underwear

Underwear cannot be left on the floor.

No, seriously, that was the Jack Russell. Dental records have been checked.

And finally…

Chewed Floor

The mother-freaking FLOOR cannot be left on the floor.

The end.

15 Responses to “Housekeeping Tips for Terrier Owners”

1. queenofhaddock April 23, 2009 at 11:41 am #

At least he didn’t eat a hole in the wall like my bulldogs did. The wall! Seriously.

2. Elle April 23, 2009 at 11:58 am #

Oh my God!!! hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My cousin once had a Great Dane. Sweetest dog, ever. She left her in the car one day for 1/2 an hour (not a hot day!) and the dog. ate. the. car. Well, the inside of it, anyway. Seats, carpeting on the floor, dashboard–all of it.

3. kristy - wheres my damn answer April 23, 2009 at 12:37 pm #

Ok … now I know why I don’t have a jack russel terrier – haha

4. dawn April 23, 2009 at 1:18 pm #

oh my God, those are crazy-ass dogs. I hate sitting for those dogs. Yeah, they are adorable, but I’ve run into some that are not trained on top of being naturally hyper. Best thing is let them run a few miles on the treadmill.

5. RuthWells April 23, 2009 at 2:37 pm #

Those are beautiful sandals — I’d be in mourning!

6. Cathy - wheresmydamnanswer April 23, 2009 at 4:40 pm #

OK that is so DAMN funny because as I read this my 18 week old Lab therapist Lexi is running past me with something that she should so not have in her mouth.. Need to catch her to find out exactly what that is. Gotta go play chase!!

7. ingrid April 23, 2009 at 7:39 pm #

Hey, thanks! I was weakening and actually gave thought to getting a dog for my children’s birthday but that moments gone now. You’re a house saver! 🙂

Did the dogs do that all in ONE day?

8. Lee Ann April 23, 2009 at 8:19 pm #

I can relate. I have a Golden Retriever mix as well as a Chihuahua, and it is never a dull moment. I pretty much live in constant fear of the little one getting a blockage, which can be fatal. It’s wonderful to own dogs, and I always have, but they do have a terrible tendency to eat what they shouldn’t!!

9. feefifoto April 24, 2009 at 12:48 pm #

I had a dog that ate my MasterCard bill, but they made me pay it anyway. Our current dog ate my eyeglasses, along with a bunch of other stuff. Why do we keep them around? Moreover, why are we considering adopting a new puppy? Oh yeah — because we’re lunatics.

Found you on a recommendation from Peapod Squad Mom. She likes you and so do I; I’m adding you to my reader.

10. Mary April 24, 2009 at 5:04 pm #

a picture IS worth a 1000 words.

11. the RaMbLeR April 24, 2009 at 8:45 pm #

ROFL!! Hubby looked up JUST as I was scrolling through, saw the underwear and said WTH??…then said ‘sure it was the dog’.

Really ‘I’ believe you! ;D

12. RJ Flamingo April 24, 2009 at 9:23 pm #

Friends of mine have a Jack Russell and they couldn’t leave the *cat* on the floor, either! 🙂

Thanks for the visual aids! Hahahahaha!

13. Janet April 24, 2009 at 9:48 pm #

HAAAAAAA! ROTFL…guess I had better stop laughing and rolling on the floor, or I could be their next victim…

14. Foodycat April 25, 2009 at 4:49 am #

Oh those were lovely sandals!

15. Tami Lyn April 27, 2009 at 8:54 pm #

Umm, so where do you put the floor when you leave the house? On the counter? Hmmmm, another reason we shall stay petless…..