Also…

30 Jan

Do not even get me started on the Octuplet mom. Who already had 6 kids and was having FERTILITY TREATMENTS FOR MORE. Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar are the model for responsible family planning compared to this person .

And the doctor who agreed to implant 8 embryos into a woman who already had 6 children and just “see what would happen?” Should lose his license. Or barring that, should be required to adopt 14 children desperate for homes just so he can see what a household of 14 kids is like before he decides to shoot up another uterus chock-full o’ babies.

Grrrrrr.

Seriously.

6 Responses to “Also…”

1. Kathy January 30, 2009 at 1:28 pm #

My oldest granddaughter was born at 26 weeks and weighed 1 pound and 5 ounces. My younger daughter gave birth to triplets at 36 weeks. I know the toll it took on both mothers and the babies, not to mention the hospital bills! We are so fortunate that these children are well and have not suffered from the awful side effects that being born premature can cause. I can’t agree with you more that this whole episode just makes me sick and angry that this mother would purposely risk carrying 8 children and that a physician would go along with it! It strikes me as selfish and moronic!

2. Elle January 31, 2009 at 8:05 am #

Seriously! WTF were they thinking?

3. dawn February 1, 2009 at 11:52 am #

seriously is that what the dumb doc said? geeeesh. what concerns me even more: are people that dumb to just say “yeah” to the doc? where was the patients’ thought process in all this?
    hello?

4. Carol February 2, 2009 at 2:57 am #

I can’t believe this story! and honestly, she is unmarried – not that I have a problem with unmarried mothers – but 14 kids, on your own and even your mom throwing up her hands in horror!
    I guess that she’ll get a lot of help and sponsors and donations etc, but is that really fair?

5. Stephany February 2, 2009 at 1:59 pm #

When I found out she already had 6 kids at home I nearly flipped! What kind of life is this to have 14 kids because you selfishly want more babies because you’re obsessed with babies? I don’t get it – I just don’t get it! My husband and I were wondering if any of the kids would be taken by DCYF.

6. leahg March 2, 2009 at 3:18 pm #