Dear Gray Hair

13 Jan

Oh, come on. Give a girl a break. It’s like one of those parties that someone posts on Facebook and the next thing you know, there are 500 people there and the police are involved. Just stop, ok? Come back in 20 years. I’ll still dye you into oblivion, but I won’t be so bitter about it.

Sincerely,

I’ve got a bottle of L’Oreal with your names on it. Well, not really because there are TOO MANY OF YOU TO NAME.

10 Responses to “Dear Gray Hair”

1. Jessi January 13, 2009 at 8:39 pm #

I am so lucky that you are my friend in my regular life! HILARIOUS!!! Especially the inner dialogue of your 9 year old seeing low rise jeans in church!

J

2. Elle January 13, 2009 at 10:59 pm #

Damn. I knew I needed that bag to put over my head. I’ll get to it this w’end, ok? sheesh.

3. Patti January 14, 2009 at 11:44 am #

I’ve finally given up . . . the gray prevails.

4. nik January 14, 2009 at 11:51 am #

Hello my name is Nik and I am too young for gray hair, too.

Crowd says: Hello, Nik.

5. Michele January 14, 2009 at 1:16 pm #

I’ve given the hell up on the gray hair. I tell everyone that I’m going for the Jamie Lee Curtis look. (it’s my lie…I can tell it any way that I want!)

Elle sent me over for a visit, hope that you don’t mind. 🙂

6. Kristen January 14, 2009 at 1:24 pm #

Thanks for the honest to goodness, blatant truth and the humor of your carefully selected words! Love it! Just the distraction I need to keep me away from the mop, since I have an unhealthy addiction to (avoiding) it anyway 😉

Keep it up, it is fabulous!
    Elle was right, I can see why she felt it necessary to pimp you on twitter.

7. kellypea January 14, 2009 at 2:15 pm #

Hahahaha! I’ve been known to take shots of my grey, too — labels and all. But my color guy keeps it disguised most of the time since I’m not great with that L’Oreal bottle.

8. lettergirl January 14, 2009 at 5:37 pm #

Jessi, Elle — kisses, real life homegirls!
    Patti, nik, kellypea, welcome to the club.
    Michele, saw your blog — you have that sassy short cut I *wish* I could pull off!
    Kristen, I hate my mop, too — I will distract you from that anytime and consider it an honor!
    Thanks to all of you for stopping by!

9. Kristy - Where's My Damn Answer January 14, 2009 at 6:27 pm #

You certainly aren’t alone. I color all of mine every 6 weeks so I don’t feel old too soon .. because you know 41 is SO not really that old anymore.

I tell my husband the grey looks FABULOUS on him all the time … and it does … why is that the case? I’m sure it’s a conspiracy.

10. RJ Flamingo January 14, 2009 at 9:12 pm #

I was doing shit to my hair since I was 17. I gave up 2 years ago. Pain in the ass. They’re my little individual badges of courage – I earned every last one of ’em. Dammit.