Save a stamp, write a blog

9 Jan

Welcome to my internal dialogue. Routinely ridiculous, intermittently inappropriate, periodically profound — and sometimes even alliterative. I have a pretty well-exercised censorship filter running from my brain to my mouth — it’s been fine-tuned from a career path that has meandered through politics, journalism and education. I champion the carefully chosen word.

But every now and again, and by that I mean almost every day, what I would *like* to say is a lot more cathartic.  Ever heard that Dear Abby-esque advice to write what you want to say in a letter and then throw it away or burn it? I decided to write the letters, and then put them on the internet.

So this is me, Not Going Postal.

6 Responses to “Save a stamp, write a blog”

1. Milt January 13, 2009 at 3:10 am #

I’m liking it so far! I’ve always liked your ramblings and now I get them anytime I like…and I don’t have to fear for my life in the woods while hearing them. This is much safer.

2. canarygirl January 13, 2009 at 10:49 am #

I can tell, just TELL, that this is going to be my very favorite blog on the whole wide internet. MUAC!

3. RJ Flamingo January 13, 2009 at 12:39 pm #

Found you through Canarygirl & just wanted to say Welcome to the Interwebs! Love what you’ve got so far… I can see that we’ll get along just fine…:-) I’ll be happy to post a link to you on my humble, rather erratic blog, Flamingo Musings, so drop byfrom time to time, if you get the chance!

4. Martha January 13, 2009 at 9:34 pm #

Love it! When I need a smile for the day, I’ll be coming here. Good job.

5. ingrid January 14, 2009 at 2:18 pm #

Hi!
    Just stopped over from Elle’s and read through your posts. Too,too funny! I can relate, some, ha-ha! I’ll be back…..
    ~ingrid 🙂

6. charzy July 26, 2009 at 7:26 pm #

well i arrived in late july and worked my way back and now i’ve reached the end..er start..i still have 4 hours until my tribe need collecting…what am i going to do now til then????

ok toilet cleaning and vacuuming yipeeee..
    see you back in July